Elements covered by the Medicine I course. (Images adapted by Tufts OCW.)
This course teaches the dental student basic medicine skills, from History Taking to the Physical Examination. It provides concise practical information about patient assessment, symptoms and signs of common diseases, laboratory tests, and pharmacology and prescription writing.
Year one of a three year medical course for dental students, this course focuses on Patient Assessment, History Taking, Physical Examination, and Introduction to Pharmacology and Prescriptions.This course provides the following competencies:
- To be able to do a complete medical history, dental history, physical
examination and intraoral assessment from a dental and a clinical
pathology perspective on a patient in the dental setting.
- To have a basic understanding of the "highest priority illnesses"
including some of the symptoms and signs associated with those
- To have a good understanding of common antibiotics encountered in
dentistry and to have some knowledge of local anesthetics and
analgesics used in dentistry.
- To learn the details of prescription writing.
- To learn the art of writing SOAP notes in the patient's record.
- To become aware of the special needs patient, very particularly the victims of domestic violence and patients with disabilities.
- To understand the role of Behavioral Medicine in Dentistry.
The course content of Medicine I is taught at a pace that is perceived
comfortably by the student body. The
contents per lecture may thus be completed or carried forward depending upon
the student body comfort level with the understanding of the material.
Please note that the course as presented here does not contain the full content of the course as taught at Tufts. The included content is based on material the Tufts faculty and instructors choose to include, as well as factors such as content preparation, software compatibility, and intellectual property and copyright restrictions.
|Ronald J Kulich|
|此處塔夫斯大學「開放式課程網頁」之資料乃由 開放式課程計畫（OOPS）譯為正體中文。塔夫斯大學不代表、或作以下的保證，(包含但不限制，直述或暗示方式)，關於課程教材的保證、商業化保證、適合特定目的、不侵權、沒有錯誤(無論是有發現或沒發現)的保證。塔夫斯大學「開放式課程網頁」對翻譯上之不正確不負任何責任。由翻譯所引發任何關於此等資料之不正確或其他瑕疵，皆由 開放式課程計畫（OOPS）負全責。翻譯文章的原始英文資料可於原文網址找到。|