Elements covered by the Medicine I course. (Images adapted by Tufts OCW.)
This course teaches the dental student basic medicine skills, from History Taking to the Physical Examination. It provides concise practical information about patient assessment, symptoms and signs of common diseases, laboratory tests, and pharmacology and prescription writing.
Year one of a three year medical course for dental students, this course focuses on Patient Assessment, History Taking, Physical Examination, and Introduction to Pharmacology and Prescriptions.This course provides the following competencies:
- To be able to do a complete medical history, dental history, physical
examination and intraoral assessment from a dental and a clinical
pathology perspective on a patient in the dental setting.
- To have a basic understanding of the "highest priority illnesses"
including some of the symptoms and signs associated with those
- To have a good understanding of common antibiotics encountered in
dentistry and to have some knowledge of local anesthetics and
analgesics used in dentistry.
- To learn the details of prescription writing.
- To learn the art of writing SOAP notes in the patient's record.
- To become aware of the special needs patient, very particularly the victims of domestic violence and patients with disabilities.
- To understand the role of Behavioral Medicine in Dentistry.
The course content of Medicine I is taught at a pace that is perceived
comfortably by the student body. The
contents per lecture may thus be completed or carried forward depending upon
the student body comfort level with the understanding of the material.
Please note that the course as presented here does not contain the full content of the course as taught at Tufts. The included content is based on material the Tufts faculty and instructors choose to include, as well as factors such as content preparation, software compatibility, and intellectual property and copyright restrictions.
|Ronald J Kulich|
|此处塔夫斯大学“开放式课程网页”之资料乃由 开放式课程计划（OOPS）译为正体中文。塔夫斯大学不代表、或作以下的保证，(包含但不限制，直述或暗示方式)，关于课程教材的保证、商业化保证、适合特定目的、不侵权、没有错误(无论是有发现或没发现)的保证。塔夫斯大学“开放式课程网页”对翻译上之不正确不负任何责任。由翻译所引发任何关于此等资料之不正确或其他瑕疵，皆由 开放式课程计划（OOPS）负全责。翻译文章的原始英文资料可于原文网址找到。|